A substantial project to develop an integrated quality management system for Nga Ngaru Rautahi o Aotearoa, whose members provide health and social services to Māori families around New Zealand.
NNR commissioned an easy-to-use system that would meet all of the following international and sector standards:
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality management systems – requirements
- NZS 8134:2008 Health and Disability Services (Core) Standard
- NZS 8158:2012 Home and Community Support Sector Standard
- Social Sector Accreditation Standards (Levels 1–4)
- MSD Specialist Standards (Level 1 Care Services)
The system was built in 2016 and piloted in 2016/17.
The Koru Quality system includes:
- Policies and procedures
- Forms, flowcharts, registers and samples
- Implementation support
This has been one of the most challenging – and rewarding – projects I’ve ever worked on. I’m really happy to remain involved as it develops further and can’t wait to see how it evolves over time.
London Quality Solutions
I’ve been working with health auditor and consultant Penny London for more than 5 years.
Our projects make life easier for clients in the social, community, iwi, health and aged care sectors.
In particular, we help boards, managers and staff understand and meet their compliance obligations.
We focus on simplifying processes and paperwork – so people have more time to concentrate on the important social services that they deliver.
What we make
We’ve worked on a range of products over the years, including:
- Koru Quality integrated quality management system
- Other integrated suites of policies and procedures that meet sector standards and legal requirements
- One-page flowcharts that set out actions, responsibilities and time-frames
- Checklists that walk users through the requirements of sector standards
- Registers and other forms that guide users through every step required by procedures