A substantial project to develop an integrated quality management system for Nga Ngaru Rautahi o Aotearoa, whose members provide health and social services to Māori families around New Zealand.
NNR commissioned an easy-to-use system that would meet legal and regulatory requirements and the following standards:
- ISO 9001:2015
- Health and Disability Services (Core) Standard NZS 8134:2008
- Home and Community Support Sector Standard NZS 8158:2012
- Social Sector Accreditation Standards (Levels 1–4)
- MSD Specialist Standards (Level 1 Care Services)
The system was built in early 2016 and pilot implementations are under way.
The Koru Quality system includes:
- Policies and procedures
- Forms, flowcharts, checklists, templates, registers and samples
- Implementation support
This has been one of the most challenging – and rewarding – projects I’ve ever worked on. I’m really happy to remain involved as it develops further and can’t wait to see how it evolves over time.
London Quality Solutions
I’ve been working with health auditor and consultant Penny London for more than 5 years.
Our projects make life easier for clients in the social, community, iwi, health and aged care sectors.
In particular, we help boards, managers and staff understand and meet their compliance obligations.
We focus on simplifying processes and paperwork – so people have more time to concentrate on the important social services that they deliver.
What we make
We’ve worked on a range of products over the years, including:
- One-page flowcharts that set out actions, responsibilities and time-frames
- Checklists that walk users through the requirements of sector standards
- Policies and procedures that meet current standards and legal/regulatory requirements
- Complete, integrated quality management systems for an entire organisation (policies, procedures, forms, registers, checklists, flowcharts and document management)